Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Introducing (and thanking) Web Site Designer Yuin-Y

We want to acknowledge, and thank, Yuin-Y for her much appreciated artistic contribution to this blog. Yuin-Y is the talented artist who did the banner art work and color scheme for us. Few blogs have a custom design, so we are thrilled with the special contribution of Yuin-Y to this blog.

In one of those "you never know who you are going to meet where" experiences, I met Yuin-Y when my family was on vacation in Malaysia and we were invited by her parents to take part in their church related cell group. Yuin-Y is not only a good artist, she is a delightful young woman with a great attitude.

Yuin-Y's Profile: "I am a classic case of anime-bait, my interest in Japan being first stirred by watching anime several years ago; although now my interest has expanded to manga (translated into English, of course), J-dramas, and a little of the J-pop scene too.

I attended Multimedia University in Kuala Lumpur, with a major in Film & Animation. Since I finished school, I have been working for an advertising firm in Malaysia. I also do lectures on multimedia.

Literature, art, and film, are all a joy to me, and I am very much intrigued by the work that CAN is doing, using media to reach people for Christ. While I can't be in Japan to help them out directly right now, I am glad that I can be involved a little bit from where I am in Malaysia!

Please check out my blog: Ind Elwen Tinuviel, which has evolved into more of an art blog, though it began as a typical what's-going-on-in-my-life blog."


Scot Eaton also contributed a lot to upgrading this blog by giving invaluable artistic input, and by doing the coding -- which was a big job. Thanks Scot for being a part of this effort!

Scot -- this blog's co-author -- lives in Japan, where he is teaching English, editing Manga for the US market, and also finishing his MA in Ethnomusicology from Bethel University in MN. Scot is a good percussionist and is making the most of that talent by connecting with Japanese in his community through joining a local Taiko troupe.

No comments: